Has anyone made a script to list all used probes (tips) in all programs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndersI View Post
    Did you try my Excel sheet? I'm interested to know if it works for others than me...
    I had attempted to use it. We are migrating all of our programs to a secure server and before that disperses everything to there own folders I wanted to get a tip list while all 950+ programs were in one folder.

I would put it in the folder with all the programs. I was unsure of exactly what file path the folder had to be so I tried a few. But I kept getting "Compile error: Can't find project or library." I ran out of time to play with it so I moved on.

It would be extremely beneficial though.

Comment

Ahh - it's linked to the PC-DMIS 2015.1 (or possibly 2016) type library - you need to link it to your version of PC-DMIS. In my Excel that's done under Developer -> Visual Basic -> Tools -> References (translated from Swedish, so I'm not sure the menu items are named correctly).
      AndersI
      SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Originally posted by AndersI View Post
        Ahh - it's linked to the PC-DMIS 2015.1 (or possibly 2016) type library - you need to link it to your version of PC-DMIS. In my Excel that's done under Developer -> Visual Basic -> Tools -> References (translated from Swedish, so I'm not sure the menu items are named correctly).
        I will try it tonight. It's not something I can run right now. I'll let you know how it works.

Comment

Once I linked it to the proper location it did work.

I have to go in and clean up some of the files though. One was corrupted and it would stop it from continuing. Others had an old datapage+ location that no longer exists so I had to play whack-a-popup with the prompt messages.

Comment

Actually I think it's quite good to get it verified that all pp:s still load into PC-DMIS without errors. Better to get the error message now, than wait until there are hundreds of that part standing outside the door, waiting to be measured ...
            AndersI

Comment

I agree. I will clean them up but the purpose for us is when I finish compiling a list of unique part numbers I'm going to forward that to planning and find out what jobs are obsolete or run less than once every 5 years.

I want to eliminate those tips from our normal calibration program.

We always have the majority of a weekend to run a full calibration and because of that the previous programmers just kept adding tips to our calibration until it's now 24 hours long. The less time that program takes the more flexible we can be when something unexpected happens. This will be extremely helpful in knowing what tips I can and can't eliminate once I have that information from planning.

Comment

Andersi: THANK YOU! The file worked perfectly! I had to copy and flatten my file folders to get it to include all files
                A quick way to flatten files in folders:
                Copy the entire folder (to avoid messing it up!)
                open CMD.exe
                type "CD\ (your file folder location)" hit enter
                type in the following: (less quotes) "for /r %f in (*) do @copy "%f" ." --BE SURE TO include the period at the end, it's necessary.

Comment

Be careful with flattening if the same probe file name is used in more than one subfolder!
                  AndersI

Comment

I know it's a little late, but i made an excel document that lists all files in a directory and sub directories.
                    You could potentially expand your document to look in a whole directory & sub-levels.

Something you may be interested in.
                    would prevent users from having to flatten.

Also here is a flatten cmd file, that doesn't remove copies.
                    Just appends a number to it.
                    All you have to do is drop the folder on the cmd file you want flattened.
                    It also flattens sub-folders.
                    Attached Files

Comment