Blade 5.0 Showing In Task Manager but not on screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade 5.0 Showing In Task Manager but not on screen

As of this morning Blade 5.0 will not open correctly. Looking in Task Manager I can see the "Blade.exe *32" process running but its not on screen and there is nothing on the task bar, nor anything in the applications menu of Task Manager.

I can pin the icon to the task bar, click on it, UAC pops up, saying yes will cause the mouse to spin and act like it is loading something but then it stops with nothing to show for it and the icon on the taskbar that is pinned will flare up as if there is something running and then go back to its original appearance.

This was working all of 36 hours or so ago and now coming in this morning it will not. Here are some of the following troubleshooting steps that have been performed by local IT:

1. Reinstall 5.0 Release
    2. Tested 4.0 Release, works fine
    3. Cleared registry of keys for Blade 4 and 5. May have missed some so this could still fix it if they were missed
    4. Restart whole laptop
    5. Cleared all files off of C:\ regarding Blade 4 and 5

At this point we are kind of at a loss. Short of reinstalling the OS clean we are out of ideas to try and are hoping someone has encountered this before and has a fix.

Specs:

HP ZBook 15 G3
    CPU: i7-6820HQ
    RAM: 16GB
Working...
X