Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slideshow Dimensions - show 4 decimal places

Hello Forum!
    I've searched the forum and the help files, watched every Inspect video and walked through preferences and setups, but am unable to find where the display of 4 decimal places (vs. 3 places as shown in this snip) is controlled. The PDF reports output 4 decimals, but the slideshow only reports 3.
    Thanks for your help!
    (Inspect 4.2.22.0 with PC-DMIS 2020 R2 SP4)
    ​​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3 decimals.JPG Views:	0 Size:	11.7 KB ID:	484672
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Setup Dimensions.JPG Views:	0 Size:	49.1 KB ID:	484673​​​​
    Last edited by Ray Rubin; 02-03-2021, 04:18 PM.

Hi Ray. I looked into this and so far I see the same thing.
    Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
    [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

I investigated this some more and I think I found a workaround that might work for you. In your measurement routine, in PC-DMIS, open the Edit window and try adding a DISPLAYPRECISION/4 command above where your dimensions start. For me, that forces Slideshow's slides to match during execution within Inspect. (It won't change the number of places in slideshow's template creator though.)
      Last edited by JaredHess; 02-26-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Hello Jared. Apologies for the crickets these past weeks. Finally have some time this week to get back to learning Inspect. Yes, my experience also is that the DISPLAYPRECISION/4 command corrects the slideshow report.
        I'll add the command to my new routine templates - for the RonCo approach ("Set it, and forget it!").
        Thanks for the solution!

Comment

No problem Ray. I'm glad the workaround helped.

Comment