Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-DMIS Forms not shown in INSPECT

Hi all,

I have written a program in PC-DMIS 2017 R1 and while executing in the PC-DMIS my forms do show up, when running the program in INSPECT they do not!
    Inspect is waiting for a continue command indicating the form is executed but does not show. Comments do work fine.

I am currently using PC-DMIS 2017 R1 with INSPECT 2.5.
    I read there is an INSPECT 3.2 version out with PC-DMIS 2017 R1 add-on, but when I run the updater it says INSPECT is up to date. Is there a stand-alone download for INSPECT 3.2? Or does it only come with PC-DMIS 2018? Would upgrading solve my issue or are forms not compatible with INSPECT?

We also have the older "Operator Interface" installed and running the program with IO does open the forms.

Inspect 3.2 is available at ftp://ftp.wilcoxassoc.com/Inspect/3.2
    AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Thanks for the link, I have installed the newest version but the forms still wont open in INSPECT?
      INSPECT is able to open the PC-DMIS forms, correct?

Comment

Even I tried the new version. And the problem persists with me too!

I tried Googling but couldn't find any working solutions. I had trouble logging into 192.168.0.101 and this guide helped but I would be really glad if anyone can help.

Thank You.
        Regards.
        Last edited by davidwright93; Yesterday, 05:58 AM.

Comment

I had the same problem. I now use a tracefield.

Comment

I got forms to work with Inspect 3.2, but I am also running 2018 R2.

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
              I got forms to work with Inspect 3.2, but I am also running 2018 R2.
              That's the key to this issue. Different Inspect options are available for different versions of Pcdmis.

Comment

Just finish testing Inspect 3.2. Back saved a 2018 R1 routine to 2017 R1. Closed Pcdmis and open Inspect 3.2. Installed the 2017 R1 add-on. Open the routine using Inspect 3.2 and executed the routine. First warning that the saved default Report template Text and Cad.rpt serialization error. Report template from later version. Nice, then I selected OK and waited for the Pcdmis startup and wait and wait. Finally execution is at 6% then a pause. Forms will not show and there is no CAD window selection either. Let's try 2017 R2. Same issue. Let's try this using 2018 R1 and the forms work as expected. The CAD selection is available now. There should be a warning on what options are available with different version of Pcdmis. Adding this to the Improvement sight. More free work done by the customer for Hexagon.
                Last edited by davehocum; 01-16-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davehocum View Post
                  Just finish testing Inspect 3.2. Back saved a 2018 R1 routine to 2017 R1. Closed Pcdmis and open Inspect 3.2. Installed the 2017 R1 add-on. Open the routine using Inspect 3.2 and executed the routine. First warning that the saved default Report template Text and Cad.rpt serialization error. Report template from later version. Nice, then I selected OK and waited for the Pcdmis startup and wait and wait. Finally execution is at 6% then a pause. Forms will not show and there is no CAD window selection either. Let's try 2017 R2. Same issue. Let's try this using 2018 R1 and the forms work as expected. The CAD selection is available now. There should be a warning on what options are available with different version of Pcdmis. Adding this to the Improvement sight. More free work done by the customer for Hexagon.
                  If I get some time, I will try this out. Thanks Dave!

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post

If I get some time, I will try this out. Thanks Dave!
                    No problem.

Comment

Yes, this has been fixed in PC-DMIS adapter for 2018 R1 and above

Comment