Anybody running Calypso?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody running Calypso?

There is an addon in Inspect that says you can run Calypso routines. I am interested in seeing how this works. When I try, I get an error that says 'There are no add-ons that can execute these routines. You may need to install an add-on from the Add-ons screen.'

I have the Calypso addon installed. We have Zeiss CMM running Calypso and I++ PC-DMIS. One interface would be great.

On a PC-DMIS forum???
    Blasphemer!

Comment

Originally posted by InspectorJester View Post
      On a PC-DMIS forum???
      Blasphemer!
      I know, I know...

It was more to question anybody dealing with Inspect and it's Calypso add-on or any add-on really. They don't seem to be working.

Comment

• InspectorJester
        InspectorJester commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed; it was something I wanted to look into for our company, but given the rep it didn't seem worth it.
        It's almost more beneficial and easier to make your own interface. I don't know how Calypso is, but PC-DMIS is pretty hackable

• JacobCheverie
        JacobCheverie commented
        Editing a comment
        InspectorJester which language do you use for custom interface? Do you stick with PC-DMIS Basic language and rely on forms, scripts, etc...?

• InspectorJester
        InspectorJester commented
        Editing a comment
        Well well!
        Personal preference, really.
        I'm a programmer at heart; I'd just as well write one in VBS as have one written in C!
        As long as it works...
        Personally I stay away from Basic and go straight into VB. I made a custom HTA (using a combination of HTML/CSS and VB) for my "interface"