This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davehocum View Post
    I have been using Inspect now for over a year. Started with INSPECT 2.5. For offline use I will test the programs to validate how the program will work with Inspect. Inspect 3.2 you can calibrate the probes. But you will need to know what probe you are using first. Because Inspect probe calibration will only open the Probe file for selection. Next will be setting up the slide show within Inspect. I have used STI (Single Touch Interface) with Measure Max and PC-DMIS. I have found Inspect to be a big improvement over STI.
    So this does work with an offline seat? Just double-checking. Having some issues getting it set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kugler View Post

So this does work with an offline seat? Just double-checking. Having some issues getting it set-up.
      I don't use inspect, but i did play with it a bit. I don't understand why would you want to run this in offline mode. This is an interface for PC-DMIS so the operators can't see the program code. Or at least that's my understanding of it.

Comment

• InspectorJester
        InspectorJester commented
        Editing a comment
        I was also under similar impression. There isn't a lot of information freely available, and I know next to nothing on the subject :P
        AFAIK it's just an interface that runs programs. I'd imagine you would set it up similar to a form, customizable and the like, and potentially testing certain aspects offline would weed out the bugs and such.
        Last edited by InspectorJester; 07-27-2018, 09:46 AM. Reason: BOIOIOIOING

Originally posted by John Kugler View Post

Yes, you can use Inspect with the PC-DMIS offline seat. I do this to test the programs before they are used on the CMM's using Inspect.
      Now if you have the PC-DMIS offline floating license you will not be able to use the Slideshow for free with a current SMA. This issue is also the same with setting up PC-DMIS Go with Notification Center (Master).
      Last edited by davehocum; 07-27-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davehocum View Post

Yes, you can use Inspect with the PC-DMIS offline seat. I do this to test the programs before they are used on the CMM's using Inspect.
        Now if you have the PC-DMIS offline floating license you will not be able to use the Slideshow for free with a current SMA. This issue is also the same with setting up PC-DMIS Go with Notification Center (Master).
        When I try to test a program, I get an error saying that I do not have any add-ons that execute these routines. Any thoughts?? I think I want to use it just like you do. I am trying to test this software to see if it is something we can roll out to our machines in the near future.

Comment

• davehocum
          davehocum commented
          Editing a comment
          What version of Inspect are you using? With Inspect 3.1 or 3.2 under settings there should be a list of PC-DMIS versions. Make sure your version of PC-DMIS is in that list. If you do not see your version of PC-DMIS that you are currently using then go to the Add-ons to Install your version of PC-DMIS.

• John Kugler
          John Kugler commented
          Editing a comment
          Works great for me.

Thanks, davehocum. Your suggestion was it. I had installed the add-on for 2018r2, should have been 2018r1.

Comment

• davehocum
          davehocum commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad hear that solved the issue.
      Working...
      X