CPK output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPK output

Even though I've been using DP for sometime now, I really don't know that much about it. Our QE has asked a question of why a particular TP of a circle CPK is so high ( this is while printing out in the Statistics Report )? I'll leave the one problems below. CPK.jpg

The Cpk is not high...it's the Ppk. That is interesting.

Can you plug the data into another software (Excel, Minitab, etc)? If not, supply the data and I can plug it in real quick and see what Minitab gets.

Comment

you shouldn't do SPC on position of holes. You will NEVER get a good result, even if it shows great.

snap.jpg
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        you shouldn't do SPC on position of holes. You will NEVER get a good result, even if it shows great.
        Correct. And one cannot measure capability of the axis' because there is no tolerance.

All one is showing with Ppk/Cpk is that your process can or cannot make it within the zone. It doesn't specify that it can actually make the part consistently in the same spot.

Comment

• qcfire65
          qcfire65 commented
          Editing a comment
          I will relay the message to our QE and thank you for your help all.

Did you look here :
        Capability calculations for True Position - PC-DMIS User Forum (pcdmisforum.com)
        ‚Äč
        Maybe it could help ?
        (the last post of VinniUSMC should contain a right version)

Comment