Transfering input comments on PC-Dmis to DataPage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering input comments on PC-Dmis to DataPage

For some of our manual checks we put input comments at the bottom of our program. I would like to take the numbers I get and carry them over to datapage just like a normal dimension. Not sure if this is possible or not.

Maybe instead of comments use manual keyin dimension.

Comment

Input comments transfer over to DataPage as Trace Fields.

As Nano suggested, key-in dimensions are workable. Used in conjunction with generic features, you can get anything into DataPage.
      "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

Don't know how you transfer over your Data, but I believe if you use STATS you can check this and see if it will transfer over. I don't transfer the Comments.

Capture.JPG
        (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
        They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• VinniUSMC
          VinniUSMC commented
          Editing a comment
          You can only open and use DataPage on the computer that has the HASP, but the DataPageStats external doesn't require a license. Your DataPage license was on the PC-DMIS dongle...? That's dumb.

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I have 2 seats of DataPage. Each one was tied to each machine. Yeah now that I understand it a little more and currently making all the changes, come to find out, that's how Hexagon set it up. I talked to the owner, because I was not around at the time of install. They told him that was the only way it would work. They're so knowledgeable there VinniUSMC

• VinniUSMC
          VinniUSMC commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I understand. Sounds like y'all got bamboozled.