Not enough spaces for path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not enough spaces for path

When I use our part number - example: 136538-038-01-1 in our path line for a new part number, I get an error. I have to remove numbers from it which confuses some people here, anyway I was asked to see if this number of spaces could be increased to allow for our full part number instead of shorting it. I think I am at a max. of 8 spaces.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance
    sigpic

B&S ADVANTAGE 12-22-10, EXCEL 9-15-9, ETC.
    PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

Originally posted by VONDY View Post
    When I use our part number - example: 136538-038-01-1 in our path line for a new part number, I get an error. I have to remove numbers from it which confuses some people here, anyway I was asked to see if this number of spaces could be increased to allow for our full part number instead of shorting it. I think I am at a max. of 8 spaces.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance
    Path for what? Datapage? RTF Files? Some other path? Which path?
    I have lots of things with MUCH longer paths.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

path line for a new part number,
      RT Editor - Database - New - Create New Database

I know there are people that have longer file names, that is why I am asking how/where I need to go to increase this so that I can enter more numbers. My settings must be set to 8 spaces.
      sigpic

PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

Comment

RT Editor - Database - New - Create New Database

I know there are people that have longer file names, that is why I am asking how/where I need to go to increase this so that I can enter more numbers. My settings must be set to 8 spaces.
        OK, that helps. Yes, you are limited to 8 spaces for the creation of the databases in Datapage, it never came OUT of the DOS age. HOWEVER, you CAN make a new, blank database, in Datapage Editor, then once it is made, you can re-name the directory or anything else in the path, BUT NOT THE FILES IT CREATES in the directory.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks Matt
          sigpic

PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

Comment

Thanks Matt
            When you go to OPEN the new path, you will see 'funny' text for the path name, since DP only 'sees' 8 characters, I don't know if that will be an additional problem for you, if in the path, the 'real' name is PART123456789. you will see PART12~9 or something like that. That might also be a problem, however, the path in Pcdmis will show correctly.
            sigpic

Comment