The portlock for this application is missing or invalid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The portlock for this application is missing or invalid

I got the following error when trying to open Datapage_RT "The portlock for this application is missing or invalid". Nothing has been changed on my system, no new software installs, same everything as it has always been. Any ideas? Anything would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Eh?

Tech support will help with portlock issues, or running old versions even if you are out of SMA. Sounds like something did change, you just don't know what it is yet.
    --Brian

"The best way to predict the future is invent it. This includes your very next action."

Support: Hexagon Metrology Support Center
    Training: Hexagon Metrology University

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gudauskas View Post
      Tech support will help with portlock issues, or running old versions even if you are out of SMA. Sounds like something did change, you just don't know what it is yet.
      Thank you, we are out of SMA so that's nice to know.
      Eh?

Comment

So, okay. Hexagon no longer supports my version of Datapage (RT). Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the aforementioned problem?
        Eh?

Comment

What type of portlock? USB - try moving it to another USB port. Does pcdmis use the same portlock? What OS are you running? Any automatic MS updates?

Comment

Originally posted by SABarber View Post
            What type of portlock? USB - try moving it to another USB port. Does pcdmis use the same portlock? What OS are you running? Any automatic MS updates?
            USB portlock, yes PCDMIS uses the same one, with no issues. Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, sp3.

Have not tried moving the portlock yet. And yes, there are MS updates.
            Eh?

Comment

Sounds like a hasp driver issue. Under the datapage directory is HaspInstall.exe. Run that to see what version of Hasp is installed. You can try to install to one which comes with Datapage (4.95) to see what happens or re-install the one from pcdmis (which is probably newer). Depending on pcdmis version, hinstall or haspdinstall. -r to remove, -i to install.

Comment

Originally posted by SABarber View Post
                Sounds like a hasp driver issue. Under the datapage directory is HaspInstall.exe. Run that to see what version of Hasp is installed. You can try to install to one which comes with Datapage (4.95) to see what happens or re-install the one from pcdmis (which is probably newer). Depending on pcdmis version, hinstall or haspdinstall. -r to remove, -i to install.
                Thanks SABarber, I re-installed as above, using the file in my current version, works fine now.
                Eh?

Comment

Now this is the kind of thing I really enjoy see happen on this board !! Here is a long time user and contributor to this board who had an issue that Hexagon doesn't support, or refuses to help with.

Thanks to Brian and SA Barber, your help is appreciated.

I am not sure I would have been able to solve this one either...
                  Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post
                    Now this is the kind of thing I really enjoy see happen on this board !! Here is a long time user and contributor to this board who had an issue that Hexagon doesn't support, or refuses to help with.

I agree 100%. These boards are life savers (J's included; probably more so, sorry Hexagon).
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Don't be sorry, malcontents know stuff too...

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                      I agree 100%. These boards are life savers (J's included; probably more so, sorry Hexagon).
                      --Brian

"The best way to predict the future is invent it. This includes your very next action."

Support: Hexagon Metrology Support Center
                      Training: Hexagon Metrology University

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post

I agree wholeheartedly!

They (Hexagon) were willing to help. I would have had to get our SMA current (out by 5 months on all 4 of our machines) and upgrade to the latest version of Datapage. I fully understand why they cannot support older versions of software (this was a software issue, not the portlock) and have no problem with that. We are going to get current with our SMA and update our Datapage later in the year, right now we're just being cautious with spending due the national economic climate. This forum has saved us literally $thousands$ on just this one issue, not to mention numerous times searches have yielded solutions to other issues.

Thanks again everyone!
                        Eh?

Comment

Mind if I revisit this error?
                          I am now also getting the same error. " The portlock for this application is missing of invalid."
                          In February I gave this CMM a new windows 7 machine, and had everything running fine until May 10th. If I changed the date to May 9th it works fine, but something with May 10th on this windows 7 machine. If I plug in the old Windows XP machine, the portlock works fine.
                          I did try the driver -r remove and -i install, but still get the same problem with May 10th date and beyond. Our support representative says you have to update, yadda yadda.

Any other ideas out there?
                          Thank you!

Comment

YOU don't have a correct portlock code for the new install. You get some days of free use, then you have to put in all the proper codes.

Put the lock back on the OLD PC and fire that puppy up. When you start DP/RT, look at the codes in the start-up splash screen, COMPANY NAME and AUTHORIZATION must be the same. The USER ID is the lock ID.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Ok so I did get a temp code, now that I have the old permanent code. When the slash screen comes up I put in the old code. but the USER ID is 0. On the old machine it was the portlock number. This field is also greyed out, so I cannot enter it in. How do I change that?

Even with the permanent code, I still get the warning on expiration so I am thinking it has to do with the portlock/User ID issue.

Thank you!

Comment