Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision/Tactile Mix for Alignments

Good Morning All,

Is it acceptable to use the touch probe for a manual alignment and then use the Vision probe for the Dcc alignment?

OR

Use both use touch probe and Vision for manual and touch and vision for Dcc alignment?

Thanks.
    PCDMIS 2015, 4.5.4 SF CMM, Datapage+5.0

I used the touch probe for the manual alignment and a rough dcc alignment then the vision for the final dcc alignment.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't see why not. They are all linked together through calibration.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

We've had our optiv for over a year in cell that only produced 1 part. I was never able to get the vision to work on it so it was inspected 100% with the touch probe. We've replaced the optiv with an Equator and I'm trying to do more with our optiv.

So in the area where they want to move the optiv to, most of the parts we want to inspect have more features that will use the touch probe(s) and maybe 1 or 2 features with vision.

I'm in the middle of ordering supplies to make fixtures for these parts.
        PCDMIS 2015, 4.5.4 SF CMM, Datapage+5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
          I don't see why not. They are all linked together through calibration.
          That's true, but some checks on features which are "measurable" by both "probes" is usefull, interesting, and sometimes surprising... !

Comment

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post

That's true, but some checks on features which are "measurable" by both "probes" is usefull, interesting, and sometimes surprising... !
            Agreed! Vision can be picky, even with filters applied. It can make measurements different between the two.

Comment

Working...
            X