How to program this datum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to program this datum?

I am lost trying to program datum A (see attached dwg).

As for datum B & C I used a line for each; although I am not sure if that's the best way to do this. The radius is not constant on the part, and there is also a sag in the middle. It is shaped somewhat like a saddle. The part has no planar surfaces with exception to the edges and the mat'l is .025" thk so probing accurately is difficult.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Iterative alignment, pick the points from CAD, create them (do NOT measure them), create the iterative alignment, then measure. Repeat in DCC mode.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      Iterative alignment, pick the points from CAD, create them (do NOT measure them), create the iterative alignment, then measure. Repeat in DCC mode.
      Matthew's right, you can't do it without a CAD model and knowledge of iterative alignments. We definitely don't discuss how to utilize freeformed datums in the PCDMIS Portable course, though it is possible.
      This Forum is intended for discussion. For Dedicated Online Tech Support please visit: http://support.hexagonmetrology.us

Comment

Working...
      X