Tp200 sensor: problem with small probe build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tp200 sensor: problem with small probe build

Hi all, I recently had to replace a TP200 sensor on our B&S Global. I have autocalibrated all tips and angles yesterday even ran a part no problems. Today I ran a 6x100mm probe on a part work fine till this part needs a 1x20 probe for measurement. It goes to take the hits the TP200 lights up when touched but the light still is somewhat on when it backs away to take another hit. Then it errors out. TR_SOFO1,Probe Head delflected! and TR_FG001.E Stop-waiting for machine start. Is this a bad TP200? Using PC-DMIS CAD 2014.1 Any help would be great

Thanks
    Dennis G.
    Dennis G............Don't worry Wilson! I'll do all the paddling! You just hang on!---Castaway

When you screwed that TP200 body in, did you do it by hand or did you use the spanner wrench?

Comment

Spanner wrench.
      Dennis G............Don't worry Wilson! I'll do all the paddling! You just hang on!---Castaway

Comment

• RandomJerk
        RandomJerk commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct answer.

How are you changing modules, by hand or with rack? Are you getting a fault light on the PI200? Any chance someone disconnected the annoying warning tone you get with that?

• Kp61dude!
        Kp61dude! commented
        Editing a comment
        Aww I remember that tone.

By hand for 8yrs. no problem. What do you mean by fault light Pl200? Im the only operator programmer.

Comment

Have you tried cleaning the probe module and probe body interfaces with renishaw goop? That would be my first step.
        Do you have multiple modules and are swapping them out, or are you unscrewing & swapping tips onto one module for each probe change?
        Have you or someone else recently collided the CMM and struck the TP200 body (upper half of magnetic interface)?

Comment

Everything is clean and tight, I have multiple modules and probes they don't get changed (unscrewed very often). I just replace the TP200 sensor with a RBE.
          Have done this a couple times over 8yrs with no issues until now. Now the TP200 is randomly beeping just sitting there?? No outside noise or vibration.

Comment

Does the beeping only occur with one specific probe module? if so it's the module. At least it isn't the body!

Comment

• RandomJerk
              RandomJerk commented
              Editing a comment
              TP200 bodies are the weak link in this, that was why I asked if it was installed by hand or with the spanner wrench. Grip a TP200 body too tightly, you can ruin it.

I can state, with absolute certainty, that I've seen at least a hundred TP200 bodies sent out for RBE, and NEVER seen a module get RBE's.

• louisd
              louisd commented
              Editing a comment
              All probe bodies are "Weak" in that respect. If they are crashed or mishandled they are done, as the probe bodies aren't the designed element to absorb impact. Impacts are supposed to be robustly absorbed by the modules, which the TP200's suck at.

What defines "bad" to you? TP200 Modules, if crashed with an impact that a TP20 can brush off no problem, will fail in the extent that they no longer function as designed. They ghost-hit, can produce poor stddev's and lobing when calibrating, and fail to detect a hit in some vectors. That's bad to me. It's "damaged" as well.
              The moment we can't use it to accept product, it is bad.

For the record, TP200 Modules are not capable of being RBE'd by Renishaw or any 3rd party. They are not serviceable. They are trash when "damaged" or "bad".
              TP200 Bodies can be RBE'd. http://www.renishawprobe.com/categor...www.google.com

• RandomJerk
              RandomJerk commented
              Editing a comment
              There are two components to the TP modular series, the TP20 and TP200, the body and the module.

For the TP20, the body is a wire conduit and seat. The only time it needs to be replaced is if it's banged hard enough to roll the lip over and prevent the module from seating, or lose one of the seating balls. The module is where the kinematics are, and that's where the trigger occurs. These go bad after extended use or hard crash.

The TP200 is a strain gauge - the body is where the sensor is, the module transfers the force from the stylus to the body. There is nothing electrical, electronic, or mechanical in aTP200 module, hence nothing to break. The only way to break a TP200 module is to damage the ground surface to the point where it will not properly seat.

Two different modules. and probes.

Comment

• louisd
              louisd commented
              Editing a comment
              So your "ghost hits" and "randomly beeping just sitting there", will occur with either of the two probe modules on the machine?
              Then unfortunately it sounds like the probe body might be the culprit. Either that or you have two bad modules, lol.

another possibility is magnetism. take a paper clip, and see if it sticks to your part. if it does, this is your problem. If not, most likely tp200-- BODY
            B&S One
            PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Another question is on the TP200 there is a red light that comes on when a hit is taken, with the probe not touching anything in the O O angle I can see the red light almost coming on very faint, is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by dennisgilpin View Post
                Another question is on the TP200 there is a red light that comes on when a hit is taken, with the probe not touching anything in the O O angle I can see the red light almost coming on very faint, is this normal?
                Yes, especially if the CMM is moving. That's just the unit sensing vibrations. As long as it's not trying to take a hit it will ignore all but the strongest vibrations.
                PC-DMIS 2016.0

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X