Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating an alignment using datum targets

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create an alignment using Datum target points. I have never had to create an alignment like this and could use some guidence. Datum A is a flat surface that runs the length of the part, Datum B is four datum target points at varying heights along a curved surface, and datum C is a single target point. I'm currently using PC-DMIS 2011 MR1 on a fairly large B&S global. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

This is what iterative alignments are for.
    Start by reading and learning what you can about those and then come back and ask more.
    It would also be a good idea to post a portion of the drawing or a screenshot of the CAD image.
    sigpic

Sometimes the lights all shining on me...
    Other times I can barely see.

3.7 MR4(step patch) CAD++

Comment

Originally posted by John Riggins View Post
      This is what iterative alignments are for.
      Start by reading and learning what you can about those and then come back and ask more.
      It would also be a good idea to post a portion of the drawing or a screenshot of the CAD image.
      +1
      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o16.0 SP5

Comment

Here's what the cad looks like. The 4 points shown are the datum targets. The ones that run the length of the part are B1,B2, and B3. The 4th target I can't reach with out moving the part( part is to long for my table). The point that is located on the rib is C1. Datum A is the whole bottom of the part. I started reading up on iterative alignments as you suggested, created one and added a scan of a profile I need to measure, it showed the scan way off the part and shows it measured like 5inchs. Not sure what I'm doing wrong
        Attached Files

Comment

http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthrea...ly-plagarised)
          Here is a good thread to read on iterative alignment.

Comment

Working...
          X