Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Position of Square Slot on PC-DMIS VER.3.7

Hi everyone,

My trouble is that; I'm working on part (not model) and i need to inquiry true position of a square slot on part, problem is that on PC-DMIS Ver. 3.7, u need two circle in order to create a slot and then inquiry true position of it, for the attached file what kind of method can i use any help please ?

Thanks in advance...

Square Slot.png

Originally posted by bilopinto View Post
    Hi everyone,

My trouble is that; I'm working on part (not model) and i need to inquiry true position of a square slot on part, problem is that on PC-DMIS Ver. 3.7, u need two circle in order to create a slot and then inquiry true position of it, for the attached file what kind of method can i use any help please ?

Thanks in advance...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7150[/ATTACH]
    Unless you have the cheap level of Pcdmis (NOT CAD++) there is an option for SQUARE SLOT in DCC FEATURES.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I believe you will need to dimension that with 2 TP dimensions. One for X and one for Y (or for whatever the appropriate axes are).
      sigpic

Sometimes the lights all shining on me...
      Other times I can barely see.

3.7 MR4(step patch) CAD++

Comment

You are right john at the end of the measurement i will have 2 TP results...

Comment

Thank you matthew, I'll look for it, I'm off now but work still keep goin in my mind I'll try it tomorrow at factory what i need is to find a button for the square slot ...

Comment

Not at the CMM right now but I didn't think you could report position on a slot.

Probably have to create two generic circles to get any Position results. One with the diameter = to the slot length. The other with the diameter = to the slot width. X and Y's = to the center of the slot.

Comment

Originally posted by kingsld1 View Post
              Not at the CMM right now but I didn't think you could report position on a slot.

Probably have to create two generic circles to get any Position results. One with the diameter = to the slot length. The other with the diameter = to the slot width. X and Y's = to the center of the slot.
              Really dude ? You can do a TP on a point, round slot, square slot, ect ect...
              Jim Jewell

Comment

ok, that said, do a pt at one and, a pt at the other, const a midpoint, tp out just that one axis at a time. Do the same on the other 2 sides, repeat.
                Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post
                  Really dude ? You can do a TP on a point, round slot, square slot, ect ect...
                  +1
                  im gonna miss you bob....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post
                    ok, that said, do a pt at one and, a pt at the other, const a midpoint, tp out just that one axis at a time. Do the same on the other 2 sides, repeat.
                    This applies to RFS Jim. The slot is @ MMC

The auto square slot will do it.
                    Last edited by Roberto; 03-27-2012, 07:49 AM.
                    sigpicIt's corona time!
                    737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

I really like how the two TP callouts for the same hole use the datums in a different order.
                      sigpic
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                        I really like how the two TP callouts for the same hole use the datums in a different order.
                        Perhaps there was a dyslexic engineer involved!

You should one of the prints I just received. It can be quite interesting what they (engineers) come up with.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warcholyk View Post

You should one of the prints I just received. It can be quite interesting what they (engineers) come up with.
                          No thank you, I have enough engineer stupidity to deal with on my own!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warcholyk View Post

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                            No thank you, I have enough engineer stupidity to deal with on my own!
                            For example, one I am dealing with right now.....

Imagine a flat, rectangular piece of sheet metal.... (just so you can get the impression). Now, image a flange on the 'rear', that is only 1/3 the width of the part, and it is on the 'left', now imagine a flange on the 'front' of the part, that is 2/3 the width of the part, and it is on the 'right'. Now, put a TP tolerance with MMC on the gap, front-to-back, between them. These 2 flanges do not over-lap left-to-right anywhere, yet they want a TP-MMC of the gap.

(see below, maybe it will help) Where the F=flange, N=no flange, B=base between the flanges. They want TP of the 'between'

Code:
                            FFFFNNNNNNNNN  /\ TP in this direction
                            BBBBBBBBBBBBB  |
                            BBBBBBBBBBBBB  |
                            NNNNNFFFFFFFF  \/
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, and how about THIS callout (same print, and this is no joke!):

Originally posted by stupid print
                              FRIENDLY TRIM ZONE ALL EDGES
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X