Vectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectors

Most of the programming I do is from the blueprint, but sometimes I use a catia model. In this latest project they are having me create a alignment using a plane and some bolt holes, easy enough. The problem is that theres a datum target on a 3d curved surfaces. I have the blue print numbers (X,Y,Z) but do not have the vectors. How can I get the vectors and use the blueprint numbers at the same time. The 1st attempt was to create the point, then go and use the mouse to touch on top of the point. But the numbers never match. Can someone please help a brother out.
    sigpic

If you have a model in pc-dmis, create an auto vector point, plug in the XYZ nominals, and hit the little binoculars under the entry fields. This will look for the closest CAD surface and adjust XYZIJK accordingly. It will probably shift your nominal numbers more than acceptable. Reenter them, and hit the binoculars again. Keep doing this till you get only a few tenths of a thou error (maybe 2-4 times) on nominals and you are good to go.

Comment

donka----I think under my XYZ ia a find button
      sigpic

Comment

Find Vector....
        sigpic

Sometimes the lights all shining on me...
        Other times I can barely see.

3.7 MR4(step patch) CAD++

Comment

Hit find vector will give you the correct vectors off of the XYZ cordinate that I manually typed in? If so well holy smokes...Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AuRules View Post
            Hit find vector will give you the correct vectors off of the XYZ cordinate that I manually typed in? If so well holy smokes...Thanks
            And also:
            SNAP=YES

Comment

Working...
            X