Cylindricity circularity and concentricity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylindricity circularity and concentricity

Am I assuming correctly that pcdmis uses Concentricity as the 14.5 equivilant of Circularity? To check a substitute for cylindricity I could measure circles along a cylinder, align to the constructed cylinder and report concentricity to each circle? This is probably an obvious question but its 2 am and its been a long day.
    Feed us-Fetus-Fajitas:monkey::monkey:

I think I will read the max. reading about concentricity.

Comment

Originally posted by KaSaBiS View Post
      Am I assuming correctly that pcdmis uses Concentricity as the 14.5 equivilant of Circularity? To check a substitute for cylindricity I could measure circles along a cylinder, align to the constructed cylinder and report concentricity to each circle? This is probably an obvious question but its 2 am and its been a long day.
      apples VS oranges

Circularity: by definition a 2 dimensional analysis of the deviation from the theoretical center of a circle

Concentricity: by definition the deviation of 2 diametrically opposed points from the theoretical center of an axis

Cylindricity: by definition a 3 dimensional analysis of the deviation of the form along the axis of a cylinder

or you could measure a cylinder using multiple rows and click on the "FORM" box - depends on how critical the feature is. If it were hyper critical I would sweep the feature with a dial indicator. Disclaimer: These are merely suggestions to point you to alternative ways to depilate the feline.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Ironhoe
      I got something under my sporran for you, take care of it and you got my vote.

Comment

Well now this is one of those threads you guys are talking about. I get it now.
        sigpic
        Global Advantage 12-22-10
        TESASTAR M SP25 4.3mr2

Comment

Originally posted by keego View Post
          Well now this is one of those threads you guys are talking about. I get it now.

its systemic, total failure.

Comment

thanks dave. I wanted to make sure that pcdmis was calling circularity roundness. and keego, keep in mind that some people learn when they ask questions. Its actually a good method to gain knowledge and understanding.
            Last edited by KaSaBiS; 04-22-2010, 01:54 AM.
            Feed us-Fetus-Fajitas:monkey::monkey:

Comment

Working...
            X