This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Simple Operator Interface for Measurement Routines

Head over the the Hexagon MI Support Center to learn more about how INSPECT operator interface software can help your quality environment.

Anybody using this, and what's your thoughts? Looks like it could really help some of the operators at my company and any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

We are also considering this option instead of using Protected Mode to keep CMM Operators from making accidental changes to programs. Would love to hear how this is working from people who have been using this.
      To some the glass is half full
      To some it is half empty
      To me it is poorly designed by the Eng & Prod wants me to find a way to measure it in spec!

Comment

have you seen Hexagons Blade Runner software? that's what we use for production floor CMM's. You can tag programs to run back after back. And there is no way they can accidently edit any of the program.
        -riley Lawlor
        Southern California
        Aerospace CNC Machinery

Comment

blade runner
          Attached Files
          -riley Lawlor
          Southern California
          Aerospace CNC Machinery

Comment

• Numbers Game
            Numbers Game commented
            Editing a comment
            Can it also be used to kill vampires?

Originally posted by rtlawlor View Post
          blade runner
          how do you get your picture to attached? I can't seem to upload anything anymore...!
          "I saw that!!!" Karma

Comment

Been using Bladerunner for a few years. I found in my first few weeks that programs can be edited. Especially in the first few seconds where it opens the program, before it manages to actually start executing. That can happen accidentally, but we have occasion for tip angle changes to be inserted randomly lately. Not sure if someone is doing it on purpose, or if they may have an issue, cancel execution, and then pull PC-DMIS back up, and then inadvertently changing things by clicking haphazardly...

Never done Bladerunner with Operator Mode though. Been trying lately with Protected Mode on the one that this has been happening to lately (2013 MR1) and it seems to get 'reset' somehow. I kinda doubt that the 3rd shift operator is savvy enough to look for the password in the Settings Editor, and surprised it isn't hidden a bit more...

That reminds me, I need to start a thread about Protected Mode - found this thread trying my luck searching it

Comment

pertected mode works fine too. The reason I prefer to use BLADE RUNNER, is because I set in the OP. folder which programs they can run on that particular machine. If they just use PC-DMIS native they have to go to open the folder, and go through an entire library of programs. I can tell them a million times to only run programs that are in the folder on the desktop, but you know how it goes with operators. So they benefit of blade runner is the drop down menu only lets them run whatever programs I have tagged. We prefer it that way. But im sure its different for every shops needs.

-riley Lawlor
              Southern California
              Aerospace CNC Machinery

Comment

• Rookie
                Rookie commented
                Editing a comment
                I like the BladeRunner interface as well. Will 5.4 run on Windows 10? Or is it not forward compatible?

Just tried to look up information on the Hexagon website for blade runner and it locked up my computer. lol
              To some the glass is half full
              To some it is half empty
              To me it is poorly designed by the Eng & Prod wants me to find a way to measure it in spec!

Comment

Working...
              X