Why DataPage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KIRBSTER269 View Post

I had spoke with Amanda from Hexagon, who has DataPage + 6.0 on her windows 10 computer. They have not release it yet, she exclaimed they are still testing, but don't seem to be any issues. Something you know that I don't Matt?
    not me, Anthony said it is being phased out, then Dave also said it was being phased out. I was simply trying to find out if those of us that have paid (through the nose) for DP/DP+ over all these years are going to get Q-DAS for free, of if they are pulling the rug out from under us on DP/DP+ and then going to 'stick it to us' to buy a new package.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Well this would be nice to know, one way or the other, I heard from a different source, who wishes to stay anonymous, that this is being phased out. How about Peter Fuller how about you shed some light on this subject. Are we going to have to go through and change all our programs to adapt to change? Or is there a 6.0 on the way?
      Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 12-01-2017, 03:40 PM.
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
      They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• VinniUSMC
        VinniUSMC commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know why you wouldn't believe:
        "Anthony Alfaro
        Applications Enginner
        Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence"

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        VinniUSMC it's called " I'm not paying attention" but Ok anthony.alfaro is there a 6.0?

I do understand why they would do this though. VinniUSMC and Matthew D. Hoedeman . Present something that has nothing to do with DataPage. Change everything how it is ran and how it is setup. This will force the DataPage users to go back to school. We will over charge them and put a person with little to no knowledge of this product, so they would have to come back to a second class, with a person that has a little more knowledge how the program works, so it does look like we are helping them. This kinda the jist of it?
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
      They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure someone will censor this. As a fact, this is exactly what happened to me. When I went to learn DataPage. My instructor was not at all well versed in the subject, but they still charged me the same.
        Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 12-01-2017, 04:45 PM.

• VinniUSMC
        VinniUSMC commented
        Editing a comment
        censor.

My DataPage training was garbage. Not the fault of the trainer, just the training itself.

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        VinniUSMC thanks for the correction, just venting. I'm still waiting on a issue on the original product to be fixed. Can't wait for more problems with the new product that won't be fixed.

I haven't heard any more info on this DataPage phase out subject since the user group meeting until now. I do still see Datapage on there product site. This would be a very bad investment to purchase a software and training just find out that it will no longer be upgraded in the future. I have told my current employer not to invest any more into DataPage and start looking at different spc software. Here is a link to Hexagons available Statistical Process Control (SPC) Software.

http://www.hexagonmi.com/en-US/produ...l-spc-software

Comment

I did my best to find out what the situation is on DP+. There IS a 6.0 version but it may or may not come out. (that's even what i was told, don't kill the messenger!)

I also understand we will be offering a transition package for current DP+ users to get them over to Q-DAS. I cannot comment on whether or not it will cost anything because i honestly don't know. I'm only a lowly applications engineer and am not privy to things that deal with money.
        Anthony Alfaro
        Applications Enginner
        Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
        Originally posted by BWIZZLE
        You cannot idiot proof everything, BUT you can make better idiots....LOL

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I do appreciate the limited info you gave. I understand you can only speak so much about unreleased products. Some companies don't like when someone spills the beans.

• VinniUSMC
          VinniUSMC commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for at least giving us the info that you could get.

• Dmisfatboy
          Dmisfatboy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the Info Anthony

Sounds similar to what I was hearing at the user group. There was no mention of Datapage 6.0 just that the plan was to eventually phase out Datapage.
        On the Hexagon web site I seen there was another Statistical Process Control (SPC) Software called eMMA that I never heard of.
        Anthony, could this software be used instead of Q-DAS?

Comment

• anthony.alfaro
          anthony.alfaro commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for my late response.

I suppose it could. Personally, i have no experience with eMMA so i apologize for that.

What i do know about Q-DAS is that it is extremely powerful. It's a software that originated in germany that was designed and written to rival MiniTab. It has been used pretty heavily in the automotive industry in the US for a few years now. Hopefully you guys give it a chance. I think in the beginning the support for it will be sparse since we are getting ready to introduce the transition package but once you guys start picking it up and demanding more support we will become more plentiful.

• davehocum
          davehocum commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Anthony for your input.
          Q-DAS also has a demo version available on there website that I will have to give a try.
          http://www.q-das.com/en/applications/qs-stat/demo/

Originally posted by Peter Fuller View Post

It's not limited to data from PC-DMIS either, I don't recall all of the formats it supports but basically if the format never changes you can create your one data files.
        As long as the document format is static and the document is either plain text or some sort of ascii only format that reads values in plain text you can create a template for import.
        Systems Integrator
        Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

Working...
        X